This traditional Japanese inn "Kigusuriya" has a welcoming, friendly atmosphere, large spacious private rooms and great local food.
Kigusuriya is a family-run Japanese ryokan (a Japanese-style hotel) steeped in tradition and history. For 15 generations, the Koda family have been taking care of the land their ryokan is built on. Since the 1800s they have been providing accommodation for guests; three generations of the family currently run the ryokan together, creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
A stay at Kigusuriya, where the Koda family tends to many of the surrounding fields and mountain trails, offers a unique insight into Japanese rural life. The family will happily provide guided activities for visitors, drawing on their wealth of local knowledge and the vast experience handed down by their ancestors.
** If you have any questions,here is our HP: http://www.kigusuriya.com/
Rooms are full of charm and authentic Japanese décor.
Spacious bathing area with forest view. Private use possible with advanced reservations.
Walk through the several small ornate Japanese gardens within the ryokan itself.
Private Japanese style cottage sleeps 2-10people.
- Kigusuriya 8-1 Tsurugaoka Imayasu, Miyama-cho, Nantan-city, Kyoto
- Room types
- Western style rooms (0) Japanese style rooms (8) Western/Japanese style rooms (0) Total (8)
- Room features
- Ryokans typically have many small guest rooms, but at Kigusuriya multiple rooms have been consolidated to create three extremely comfortable and spacious (roughly 30 square metres) suites, each with their own toilet facilities. Full of charm and authentic Japanese decor, each of the rooms is connected to the dining and communal bathing area via an array of quaint stairways and passages.
- Meals served in guest room
- Breakfast:No Dinner:No
- Private/Reserved dining in hall
- Breakfast:Yes Dinner:Yes
- Hot spring
- Hot spring:No Family(private) bath:No Open air(outdoor bath):No Open air(outdoor bath) in guest room:No
- Baths explanation
- Overlooking the forest, the spacious bathing area is very pleasant and if you contact them in advance, you can book a completely private bathing time for your group or family.
There are men and women segregated public baths.
Y Small towel Y Body wash Y Hair dryer N Bidet Y Toothbrush,Toothpaste Y Soap N Down comforter N Hair brush,Comb Y Large towel Y Yukata N Shaver Y Shampoo(Shampoo/Conditioner) N Shower cap N Conditioner Y TV
- Guest parking,Vending machine,Shop
- Facility information
- Kigusuriya offers hiking tours, bicycle tours and kimono with green tea cultural activity.
Kigusuriya will come and pick you up from Sonobe JR train station by car as part of their service.
Take the train to Sonobe JR from Kyoto JR which takes 46 minutes (or 30 by express).
A member of staff will pick you up and transport you to your accommodation via shuttle bus (50 minutes’ drive).
In order to have a shuttle waiting when you arrive please let us know your rough arrival time as soon as possible (at least several days in advance).
Once you arrive in Sonobe JR please wait just outside the turnstile.
Many customers choose to rent a car, as the roads here in Miyama are largely free of traffic and quite easy to drive on. This also gives you the freedom to move around the area at will during your stay.
You can drive straight to Kigusuriya if you have a rental car and a navigation device, using the address:
Imayasu-8-1 Miyamachō Tsurugaoka, Nantan-shi, Kyōto-fu 601-0762
The phone number can also be used on most car navigation devices:
Kigusuriya is located about 60 kilometres from Kyoto station.
By car it takes about 1 hour and 40 minutes.