- REGISTRATION START
- RESERVATION DEADLINE
- 7 days before activity
- ACTIVITY OPTIONS
- Morning Course (9:30-12:00)
- Afternoon Course (13:30-16:00)
(Some times may differ)
9:30 Meet guide at your lodging ryokan (or Kinosaki Onsen Station), head to shop on foot
10:00 Kamiya Mingei Shop
10:00-10:30 Learn about the history and process of straw craft, watch straw-affixing demonstration
10:30-12:00 Straw craft box decorating activity (pasting pre-cut straw pieces on the top of a box)
12:00 End of tour
13:30 Meet guide at your lodging ryokan (or Kinosaki Onsen Station), head to shop on foot
14:00 Kamiya Mingei Shop
14:00-14:30 Learn about the history and process of straw craft, watch straw-affixing demonstration
14:30-16:00 Straw craft box decorating activity (pasting pre-cut straw pieces on the top of a box)
16:00 End of tour
- ACCOMPANYING GUIDE
(INCLUDED OR NOT)
- MINIMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE
- AGE REQUIREMENT
- must be 12 years or older
- MEETING PLACE
- Kinosaki Onsen Station, 283 Yushima, Kinosaki-cho, Toyooka-shi, Hyogo 669-6101
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- When you make the reservation, please inform us of whether you would like to meet at Kinosaki Onsen Station or at your lodging ryokan (and if so, the name of said ryokan).
(Per person unless otherwise noted)
Number of People Participating in Total Price per Person (12 years and older) 2 people 13,700 yen 3 people 10,500 yen 4 people 9,000 yen 5 people 8,000 yen 6 people 7,400 yen
- INCLUDED IN THE PRICING
- English-speaking guide, activity reservation, activity, materials
- CANCELLATION FEES
Day of Cancellation Cancellation Fee (% of activity price) The day of 100% The day before 50% 2-7 days before 20% 8+ days before 0%
- ACCEPTED PAYMENT TYPES
- Pay by credit card (VISA, MASTER, JCB, AMEX, DC) via an activity confirmation link in an e-mail that we will send to you following your reservation. Please pay the amount by 3 days prior to the activity at the latest. If not paid by then, the activity reservation will be automatically cancelled.
- OPERATOR NAME
- Toyooka Tourism Innovation
Friendly staff. Good experience in Japanese craft.
Date of visit: 2019.11.25
The straw craft workshop was a relaxing, therapeutic experience which was also fun. At the same time, it taught us a little about Japanese art and culture, which was really informative and interesting.
Date of visit: 2019.11.28
Our guide was very friendly and she tried her best to converse in simple English. The straw craft workshop was very fun and unique experience for me! I enjoyed it thoroughly :)
Date of visit: 2019.11.30
This was a great experience unique to Kinosaki, and we get to keep a souvenir! Great activity that allowed us to use our hands and participate in a great craft experience.
Date of visit: 2019.12.15
A unique craft with an interesting history. This process can be time consuming or not and the quality is dependent on you.
Date of visit: 2019.12.15